Wednesday 25 April 2007

17 Months Old Today


Have you noticed how quickly the months fly past now? I am nearly a year-and-a-half old! Mummy still hasn't taken to get an update on my weight and height (perhaps she will do it for next months milestone month?).
Now that my highchair has been moved into the kitchen Mummy lets me experiment with feeding myself and I do a pretty good job if I am hungry and make a lovely mess if I'm not!

I am a lot steadier on my feet now and Mummy doesn't have to worry so much about me falling off things as I now understand that it hurts!
I know where my feet, legs, arms and tummy are and can say 'nose', eyes' and 'mouth' too. I name my clothes as I get dressed in the morning 'jeans', 'socks', 'shoes' and 't-shirt'. BUT I STILL WON'T SAY MY NAME!!
My latest clever trick is to sign that I want my nappy changed just so that Mummy will take me upstairs to see Dillon (I'm not allowed to bring him downstairs) but Mummy has now worked out that I am just tricking her!

Dora The Explorer is still my favourite programme and I say 'Oh Man' at the right time in the title song. After my breakfast and after my dinner I put my arms up and say 'Dora' because I like to finish my meal with a little TV relaxation time!

At the moment Mummy is teaching me to say 'please' and 'thank you' as "manners don't cost a thing"!

No comments: