Sunday 5 August 2007

Sizzling In Brighton - Day 1

This weekend we went to Brighton and had a fantastic time. It was the hottest day of the year so far. As we knew it was going to be a busy day we got up really early and set off in darkness and arrived at 6am! (Just as the last of the Gay Pride party people were finishing up their drinks and leaving!)

We were very lucky as there was a room ready at the hotel for us, so we had a nap for a couple of hours and when we emerged again Brighton was a different place. The beach and streets had been cleaned up, the sun was shining brightly and the beach was busy. Hoorah!


After the morning on the beach we went for lunch at Zizzi's for some pasta (of course!). I loved the olives, although I called them grapes at first, spent my time between mouthful saying hello to the waitresses.
In the afternoon we wandered around The Lanes, walked through the Royal Pavilion gardens and then we visited Brighton Pier where I had lots of fun looking over the edge looking for seagulls and boats.



We then went to the Sea Life Centre and saw some turtles, sea horses, sting rays and some SHARKS - look me and Daddy got eaten!

After being in the dark for a while we decided to visit the beach again just as the sun was getting lower in the sky. There was a band playing in one of the bars and the beach was still packed with people who were just sitting and chilling out so we joined them!

Well, I guess even the best days have to come to an end. I had my tea in Caffe Nero, I was promised cheese but I got mozzarella with basil on tomato bread (yuk!), I I drank Mummy's fruit booster instead!

No comments: