Wednesday 25 February 2009

I'm 3-and-a-quarter!


How time flies eh? So what has happened in the last 3 months:
Mummy is using phrases like: "Don't be cheeky" and "Stop being rude" as I have so much to say for myself and I do have an answer for everything.
Mummy came to play at Goslings the other day and she was told by Sarah that they have to watch what they say around me because I repeat everything they say or have a comment to make!
I can do lots of things without being reminded now like washing my hands after going to the toilet and before I eat, I say to Mummy: "I have washed them, smell them" and I hold my hands out for Mummy to smell the soap.
I make my bed and tidy my room before going down to breakfast and I put my dirty washing in the basket at the end of the day.
We don't use the buggy very much now. I like to walk or run everywhere. Not keen on my scooter though, think I still need some practice.
We now get books from the library which have chapters and we read a chapter each night. I pick out the letters that I recognise and ask lots of questions. I say more words that are actually in the book because I guess I like talking!!
One of my favourite games to play in the bath is when Mummy puts her hand over the plug hole when the water is running out and it makes a noise like a growling tiger or bear. I have to rescue all the toys out of the bath water and then 'swim' to the other end of the bath so the tiger (or bear) doesn't get me!
My paintings at Goslings haven't improved. I still like to smear the paint with my hands or the brush so it is just one big painted mess. I like to describe it as something very different though.
I have lots of new friends at Goslings: there is Sonny (who we know from Sticky Mitts) he stays all day on a Wednesday and we eat our packed lunch together, there is Layla and Izzy, Isobel & Isobella, Mia who doesn't like sharing, Henri who talks as much as I do, Eddie and of course Stephanie, who is very shy still.
We still go to the toy and book library regularly with Ollie & Coral, swimming on Saturdays at Mummy's gym and they new thing I do is go in the Creche at Mummy's gym on Thursdays while she does a run. I love that because I get to play with older children and babies too.

No comments: